Chocolate Ganache/chocolate frosting
Neon green food coloring
Pink food coloring
#47 icing tip
#12 icing tip
- To make spider web cupcakes, frost the cupcake with vanilla frosting.
- Next, place the chocolate ganache in a piping bag. Chocolate ganache consists of 100 grams (4 ounces) chocolate combined with 6 tablespoons of boiling hot heavy cream, but you can use chocolate or black frosting instead.
- Snip a small opening at the bottom of the piping bag and pipe 3-6 circles onto the cupcake.
- Using a toothpick, draw lines from the innermost circle to the outer circle to create a spider-web effect.
- To make the mummy cupcakes, pipe two small dots of frosting onto a cupcake, then place the candy eyes on top of the frosting dots.
- Using a piping bag with a #47 icing tip filled with vanilla frosting, pipe lines diagonally across the cupcake, keeping the candy eyes in tact, giving the cupcake a ‘mummy’ appearance.
- To make the monster cupcakes, dye vanilla frosting green (or any appropriately bold color).
- Smear the frosting on top of the cupcake.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut slices of the marshmallow. One marshmallow should make approximately 4 slices. You can grease your scissors with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Place a marshmallow slice on the center of the green-frosted cupcake.
- Then place an M&M in the center of the marshmallow slice.
- Cut the white tic tacs in half, then place under the marshmallow to create a smile. These are the teeth.
- To make the brain cupcakes, fill a piping bag with a #12 tip with pink frosting. Draw two semi-circles that meet in the middle (create a circle outline on the cupcake followed by two lines in the center).
- Draw a sqiggly line in each semi circle to create a brain.