- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- juice and zest of 3 oranges
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients until combined. Place the chicken strips in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over. Cover and refrigerate overnight (they are best marinated for 8 hours, but can work if soaked for 2-3 hours).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserve the marinade.
- Thread chicken onto eight 10-inch skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before you thread the chicken on and grill to stop them from burning. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Sprinkle the chicken with chili powder, salt and pepper. Grill the chicken skewers over medium heat around 3 minutes on each side, brushing with the reserved marinade a few times. Remove from heat.
- Place on a serving dish, sprinkle generously with parsley. Serve with lemon or lime wedges, plain Greek yogurt and some salad on the side.