Grilled Chimichurri Chicken and Vegetables Salad
- One batch Authentic Chimichurri
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets , (no bone) or chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 3 ripe tomatoes , sliced
- ½ a red onion , sliced
- 2 avocados , sliced
- Fresh parsley leaves , to garnish
- Make a batch of Chimichurri using this recipe, in a small bowl or jug.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of Chimichurri out into a shallow dish to coat the chicken fillets, and allow to marinade for 20 minutes (if time allows).
- Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat the oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, onion and avocado slices.
- Drizzle with remaining Chimichurri dressing and serve with (optional) extra parsley leaves.