Skip to content
Gluten-Free Ricotta-Stuffed Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- ~1 cup skim ricotta cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and salt, and whisk together to combine.
- Next, add in the Greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Combine well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop (~1.5 inch) about 8 pieces of dough onto the cookie sheet, each about 2 inches apart. Using your finger, create a little dip in the center of the dough.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon ricotta into the dip of each piece of dough.
- Using the ice cream scoop, scoop dough and form atop each ricotta-filled cookie. Using your hands, press down the dough around the ricotta to make sure it is fully covered.
- If you have leftover dough, repeat steps 5-7. It’s important to remember from the beginning that you will have to use dough for the bottom and top, hence why you start out with only 8 pieces of dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until you can see the bottoms begin to brown.
See other recipes