Glazed Lemon Blueberry Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg replacer of your choice
- 1/4 cup dairy-free butter melted
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 1 cup blueberries , you can use frozen but defrost them
- For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind , grate the rind off the lemon before squeezing – it is just easier
Prepare your egg replacer and set aside.
Lightly oil a loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl mix the flour, granulated beet sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
Add the egg replacer, melted butter, and sour cream and mix until just combined.
Gently fold in the blueberries.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 375° for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let set for about 15 minutes.
Remove the cake from the pan and place on a rack and let it cool.
Meanwhile make the glaze:
In a medium bowl add the sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind. Mix well.
Set the rack and cake over a cookie sheet to catch the extra glaze.
Pour the glaze over the top of the cake.
Let everything stand until the glaze is a bit hardened.