Fruit Layered Chia Seed Pudding
Chia Pudding Layer:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 plums, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- Add milk and sugar into a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and the milk is warm (but not boiling). Remove from the heat. Add chia seeds and stir. Set aside for 15 minutes and stir from time to time. The pudding will thicken.
- Prepare the orange layer. Place the orange pieces and sugar into a small saucepan. Heat over a low heat and cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and blend until smooth, using an immersion blender.
- Prepare two large glasses or jars and start layering your dessert. First add a layer of chia pudding, then the orange layer, then another layer of chia pudding, and assorted fruit on top. Finish everything with pecans, and serve.