Skip to content
Fresh Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Panini
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon pesto (I used Roasted Red Pepper, but Basil pesto works too!)
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2-3 slices of tomato (or a handful of grape tomatoes, sliced)
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter and garlic salt (optional)
- Heat a panini press according to manufactures directions or heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Assemble sandwich by spreading one tablespoon of pesto on one slice of bread, top with tomato, salt and pepper, mozzarella, basil, and top with second slice of bread.
- Either spray your skillet or lightly butter the outside of your sandwich and sprinkle with a pinch of garlic salt.
- Grill your sandwich for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm
See other recipes