Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 1/4 cups cooking oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 apples, peeled & chopped (I use granny smith apples)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix oil and sugar until well combined. Add in eggs one at a time. Slowly add in flour until combined and mix in vanilla. Fold in nuts and apples.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool as your start the glaze.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, while stirring add butter and brown sugar and cook until it dissolves. Add in powdered sugar and milk and stir until well combined and melted into glaze.
- Immediately pour glaze over cake and serve warm.