Extra Crispy Baked Garlic & Herb Potato Wedges
- 5 golden yukon potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 3 cloves fresh garlic, grated)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil (shiny side up). Place a baking rack onto prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes in half (lengthwise), then cut each piece into wedges.
- Place the potato wedges into a large bowl, then add in the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well, making sure each wedge is coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for another 4-5 minutes, or until they’re well browned and crispy. Keep an eye here – it’s easy to burn when the broiler is on!
- Cool wedges on pan for 5 minutes, then serve at once!