Eggplant Mozzarella Stacks
- 1 egg plant, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour (I used gluten free AP flour)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2-1 cup marinara
- Slice eggplant and use a biscuit cutter to remove circles from eggplant.
- In a shallow bowl combine flour and all seasonings, in a second bowl combine the milk and beaten egg.
- Dip eggplant into flour, then egg, then repeat so the eggplant is double breaded.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place cook eggplant 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove eggplant from skillet.
- Assemble stacks alternating eggplant, cheese and drizzle with marinara sauce and basil. Serve with additional marinara sauce for dipping.