Easy Skillet Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 8 oz cubed Prosciutto di Parma PDO
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- 2 tablespoons Cilento PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ c shaved Parmigiano Reggiano PDO
- 1/3 cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PDO
- In a large, heavy skillet, crisp prosciutto over medium heat. Do not drain off any oil.
- Remove crispy prosciutto and place in small bowl, set aside.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat until light and shimmery.
- Add chicken to pan, browning each side – about 5 minutes per side.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to pan, stir. Let cook down until mushrooms are soft and garlic is fragrant.
- Drizzle chicken with balsamic vinegar.
- Add stock to pan and bring to a boil. Stir up any browned bits that were stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add herbs to pan.
- Let chicken, mushrooms, garlic and stock cook until chicken has reached internal temperature of 160 degrees and stock has reduced.
- When chicken is cooked, shave parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.