- 4 tablespoons butter – divided
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – divided
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 shallot – minced
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large or extra-large shrimp – shelled and deveined
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound cooked linguine
Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes for 3 minutes or until the shallots are translucent.
Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Once shallots are translucent, add seasoned shrimp to the pan and cook until they turn pink, about 3 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the pan, place on a plate and cover with foil.
Add wine and lemon juice to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil and whisk until butter is melted.
Add shrimp to the pan and toss to coat; turn off heat.
Add linguine and parsley to the pan and toss until everything is completely coated.
Taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper as needed.