Easy Mushroom Gravy (Vegetarian/Vegan Optional!)
- 1 lb. mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat from chicken or turkey drippings, butter, or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups broth/stock chicken, turkey, or vegetable
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the mushrooms in the fat for five minutes in a skillet or saucepan over medium high heat, or until much of the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Don’t stir too much, or the liquid won’t evaporate as effectively.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the flour and stir to coat.
- Add the broth/stock and stir until thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and season with plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
See more recipes: Honey Mustard Chicken