Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 – 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- 2 envelopes dream whip
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 boxes instant coconut cream pudding
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 – 8 ounce cool whip (I used Extra Creamy)
- 1/4 to 1/2 toasted coconut flakes for topping
Baked pie crust according to package directions. Let cool completely.
Beat envelopes of Dream Whip, 1 cup milk and vanilla until soft peaks are formed. About 4 to 5 minutes.
Mix pudding packets, 1 3/4 milk and coconut flakes according to pudding packet instructions. Fold in Dream Whip.
Toast coconut flakes for top of pie. Spread out coconut on a baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it. Let cool.
Pour pudding mixture into cooled pie shell. Top with cool whip. Sprinkle on toasted coconut. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.