Chimichurri Chicken Pasta
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 tsp dried red pepper, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into 1″ cubes
- 24 oz fettuccine, sliced
For the chimichurri sauce
- Mix ingredients in bowl, set aside.
For Chimichurri Chicken Pasta
- Heat a large, heavy skillet on high heat.
- Toss raw diced chicken in 4 tbsp of prepared chimichurri sauce as a marinade as grill comes to temperature. (Don’t toss chicken in the sauce, remove a bit to add to the raw chicken to prevent cross contamination.)
- When pan is hot, toss chicken in pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through to an internal temperature fo 165 degrees- about 6 minutes.
- Add water to a large stock pot and bring to boil.
- Generously salt water and add in pasta.
- Cook pasta to just under al dente (should be flexible but with a bit of crunch still.)
- Remove 1 cup of pasta water and add to pan with chicken, bring to a boil.
- Drain pasta and add to pan with chicken and boiling pasta water.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce and toss as pasta water cooks down.
- Taste and add up to 1/2 cup more chimichurri sauce, depending on your taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.