EASY CHICKEN SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS
- 3-4 cups cooked shredded chicken (i use cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 large can enchilada sauce (La Victoria is my favorite)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (i use mexican blend)
- 10-16 flour tortillas
- preheat oven to 350ºF.
- step two. in a large pan over medium heat a teaspoon of olive oil. add the onions and cook until translucent. stir often.
- step two. combine chicken and onions in the frying pan. stir until combined.
- step three. pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken and onion mixture – just enough to coat the chicken.
- step 4. add sour cream and parsley. stir until combined.
- step 5. once the sour cream and parsley are fully combined, turn off the heat. now add the shredded cheese. i usually add 2 to 2-1/2 cups. sometimes more. it just depends on how cheesy i want it. i like the mixture to be creamy and cheesy.
once the cheese is melted and combined with the chicken sour cream mixture.
- step 6. pour just enough sauce in a baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish. (UPDATED: spray pan with non-stick cooking spray first)
- step 7. fill the tortillas. spoon sauce onto a tortilla, and then some of the chicken mixture.
- step 8. roll the tortilla and place in the baking dish. repeat until enough tortillas fill your baking dish – or until the chicken mixture is all used up.
- step 9. pour enchilada sauce over the completed enchiladas and spread evenly over the top.
- step 10. top with shredded cheese and garnish with chopped parsley. covered with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes. remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. cook until sauce is bubbling, tortilla edges are slightly crisp, and the cheese to melted. enjoy!