Easy Cheesy Chili Mac
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can of stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a dutch oven or large 12 inch pot over medium heat. Brown ground beef, crumble as you go, and drain off as much grease as you can. Add in spices, bell pepper, and the can of drained and rinsed red beans.
- Add in the tomatoes with green chilies, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and water and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Pour in the two cups of uncooked pasta.
- Cover and let mixture simmer for 12 minutes*, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, sprinkle the last 1/4 cup over the top, replace the lid for another moment until cheese melts.
- Garnish with your favorite chili fixins!