Easy Cassoulet Recipe
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 whole carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian blend seasoning
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 14.5 oz can Great Northern beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large Dutch oven or deep oven-proof skillet, heat sausage in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until browned and slightly crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add chicken to the same skillet, season with salt and cook until browned. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aide
- Add olive oil to pan and stir in vegetables. Cook the vegetables until softened, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in Italian blend seasoning and garlic. Add the beans, broth, tomato paste and vinegar; stir
- Return chicken and sausage to pan, stirring until mixed. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese, add olive oil and stir to coat. Sprinkle the brad crumbs over the top of the cassoulet.
- Bake cassoulet for 35 minutes or until thick and bubbly.