Buffalo Cheddar Roast Chicken
- 5-6 pound whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine all your spice ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Remove anything from the cavity of the chicken and rinse with water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken on a clean work surface and sprinkle half the seasonings on the chicken and rub it on so that it is coated evenly, flip the chicken and repeat.
- Place the chicken in a medium size oven proof skillet (I used cast iron) or baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and rub it on so it is coated well.
- Cook for 45 minutes, check the internal temperature and remove from the oven when it reaches 160 degrees.
- **Cooking times WILL vary depending on how big your chicken is, how many other items are in your oven, etc. Rely on a meat thermometer to know when your chicken is done.**
- While the chicken is cooking combine the buffalo sauce and apple cider vinegar over medium high heat until it begins to simmer. Reduce heat to low for 10-15 minutes and set aside for brushing.
- When the chicken is done brush with buffalo sauce and enjoy.
Source recipes and image credit