Easy Anzac Biscuits
- 130 g (1 cup / 4.6oz) plain (all-purp) flour
- 150 g (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup golden syrup – (notes)
- 113 g (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, coconut and salt until well combined. Set aside.
Combine the golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan and melt together over low heat.
Mix the baking soda with the boiling water and add to the butter mixture. It should start to get frothy straight away.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop balls of loose cookie dough onto baking trays at least 2 inches apart. Don’t overcrowd the trays as they spread.
Bake for 14 minutes, turning the tray at the halfway point (notes)