Double Chocolate Brownie Stacks
For the Brownies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 2 substitute eggs I use a ground chia seed egg = 1 egg equals 1 Tbsp. chia flour and 3 Tbsp. water so double that for 2 eggs.
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar organic
- 1/8 cup dairy free butter
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract organic
Mix the substitute eggs and set aside. Check out how to make ground chia seed eggs above the recipe card.
Lightly oil a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with coconut oil. You want a thinner layer of brownies so we are going for this larger size.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
In a large bowl use a Hand Mixer and beat the oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar and milk mixture together.
Add the vanilla and mix.
Add in the flour mixture – half at a time.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Turn into the prepared baking pan and smooth out evenly to all edges.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Cut into about 32 squares.
If you are making these ahead of time for an occasion you can freeze them at this point.
For the Frosting
While the brownies are baking, make the frosting.
Cream the powdered sugar and vegan butter together.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
After the brownies are completely cooled and cut into pieces – frost the top of each brownie square.
Lay one brownie square on top of another one. You will be left with about 16 double stack frosted brownies.
Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkle colors.