Double Chocolate Brownie Stacks
For the Brownies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 2 substitute eggs I use a ground chia seed egg = 1 egg equals 1 Tbsp. chia flour and 3 Tbsp. water so double that for 2 eggs.
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar organic
- 1/8 cup dairy free butter
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract organic
- Mix the substitute eggs and set aside. Check out how to make ground chia seed eggs above the recipe card.
- Lightly oil a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with coconut oil. You want a thinner layer of brownies so we are going for this larger size.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large bowl use a Hand Mixer and beat the oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar and milk mixture together.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add in the flour mixture – half at a time.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn into the prepared baking pan and smooth out evenly to all edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into about 32 squares.
- If you are making these ahead of time for an occasion you can freeze them at this point.
For the Frosting
- While the brownies are baking, make the frosting.
- Cream the powdered sugar and vegan butter together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- After the brownies are completely cooled and cut into pieces – frost the top of each brownie square.
- Lay one brownie square on top of another one. You will be left with about 16 double stack frosted brownies.
- Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkle colors.