- 1 pound English cucumbers very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Toss the cucumber slices with the salt and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Let the cucumbers sit for 5-7 minutes.
Add the red onion and dill to the bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, pepper and olive oil.
Pour the dressing over the cucumber mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Let the salad sit for 10 minutes, then serve.
Source recipes and image credit