Crispy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut into fries (see note).
- Place in a mixing bowl. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Mix cornstarch with garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle over fries. Toss to coat.
- Spread fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip fries onto the other side and bake 10 more minutes. Check if you are happy with the texture, bake up to 5 minutes more if desired.
- Salt fries. Serve with dipping sauce for snack or appetizer or as a side dish.
Cut potatoes into 1/2″ thick slices lengthwise, then into 1/4″ thick fries. Try to keep them the same length.