Crispy Keto Orange Chicken
- 2 lb Chicken, cubed
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 2 TB Oil
- 1/2 cup Xanthum Gum (see Recipe Notes) (to replace cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup Flour (nut or seed flour) (used Sesame flour)
- 1 TB Xanthum Gum (see Recipe Notes) (replaces cornstarch)
- 2 TB White Cooking Wine (or rice wine)
- 1 TB Sesame or Peanut Oil
- 3 TB Coconut Aminos
- 10 TB Natural Sweetener
- 10 TB White Vinegar (used Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 Tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Chili Pepper
- Zest of 1 orange peel
- Cut chicken up into bite sized cubes.
- For coating the chicken, add egg, salt, pepper and oil into a large bowl. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl. add xanthum gum and flour and mix.
- For the sauce. combine xanthum gum, white wine, sesame oil, coconut aminos. sweetener, white vinegar and orange zest.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 TB oil. Dip chicken pieces into the egg mixture, then in the flour mixture.
- Fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp. Drain most of the oil from the pan, leaving a small amount.
- Add garlic and crushed red peppers and cook for about 10 seconds. Add the orange sauce and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and add the cooked chicken. Stir until well mixed. Serve over cauli rice.