Crispy Garlic Smashed Baby Potatoes
- 800g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- Water for boiling
- Wash and place the baby potatoes in a pot. Cover with at least 3cm of boiling water and cook at medium heat until tender (around 20 minutes).
- Drain the pot and shake the potatoes through a sieve to remove excess water, set aside and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add the melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- Place the potatoes into a large baking tray and spread evenly.
- Press gently on each potato with a large fork or potato masher until it’s flattened but still in one piece.
- Apply the butter mix evenly to each potato.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown and crispy. Don’t flip!
- Serve hot.