Creamy Potato, Broccoli, and Ham Bake
- 4 cups sliced red potatoes (this was 4 large for me, but probably 6-7 small red potatoes)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups broccoli crowns (we are big on broccoli so I did 3 cups, but less is okay too!)
- 3 cups ham, chopped (deli ham or left over “Sunday ham” works great)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour, I used gluten free
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and onions, use half to layer the bottom of the pan.
- Chop broccoli and ham, sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat steps 3-4.
- In the same medium saucepan melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat. When it is completely melted and bubbling add two tablespoons of flour, stir mixture and let it simmer for about one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the mustard and slowly pour chicken broth into the flour mixture, stirring as you go. Let your cream of soup simmer for a couple minutes until the mixture thickens. This usually takes me 3-5 minutes.
- When mixture has started to thicken up add in the sour cream and the cheese, stir well and drizzle over your potato mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/3 of the broccoli and ham and shredded cheese if you are using.
- Bake about 45 minutes. Check to see if your dish is done by making sure your potatoes are tender. If your slices are thick cooking time may increase.