Skip to content
Creamy One Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 chicken, sliced in half (or 6 small chicken breasts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, cremini ,cleaned, de stemmed, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp italian herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter until foamy and melted.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- Add to pan and cook on medium high until lightly browned on the outside, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add onion to pan, cook to soft, about another 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook to soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add stock to pan and scrape up any browned bits, turn heat to high and let reduce in half.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan, italian spice, pepper flakes, pepper, and stir.
- After about 3 minutes when stock thickens and chicken has fully cooked, serve over pasta, rice, baked potato, or sauteed vegetables.