Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, divided
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, or a pinch of garlic salt
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (more if you love mushrooms!)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- parsley for topping
- Clean the mushrooms. Add the garlic and mushrooms to a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft with deep brown color – 10-15 minutes. Add the cream and the rest of the butter. Simmer over low heat.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, reserving a little bit of the water, and return to pan.
- Add mushroom sauce to the hot fettuccine in the pan. Toss with tongs to mix. Add Parmesan and up to 1 cup of reserved pasta water as needed to get the consistency right. Season with salt and pepper. And now stand at the stove and eat it straight out the pan. So good.
- If you forget to reserve your pasta water, just use regular water.
- The longer you let the fettuccine sit, the more water it might require to keep it creamy.
- A drizzle of truffle oil to finish will take it to the next level!