Skip to content
Cranberry Apple Scones
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour (plus more as needed)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup cold butter, chopped
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups apples, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, add dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and sugar. Mix on low until well-combined.
- Add in butter. Mix on low-medium until dough becomes crumbly.
- Add almond milk and bananas. Mix on medium until dough forms.
- Fold in apples, cranberries, and walnuts.
- If your dough is too wet, continue adding flour by the ¼ cup until it’s thick and easy to work with.
- Add flour to a working surface. Form large ball with the dough and place it on the surface. Pat it down with your hands.
- Using a chefs knife or pastry cutter, cut scones into eight triangular pieces.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.