Coconut Jam Drops
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut
- 195 g (1 1/2 cups) plain (all purp) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup caster (superfine) sugar (or granulated)
- 113 g (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
- Mix together the coconut, flour and baking powder – set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well to combine.
- Add half the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
- Roll approximately 3 teaspoons of dough into balls (notes). Use your thumb to make a deep dent in the top of each one.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of jam into the indentation.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, turning the tray at half way, until the edges turn golden.