Classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cups hulled, halved strawberries
- 1 5.3-ounce container nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 very ripe banana (see note)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth. All ingredients should be well incorporated.
Banana: A banana that has some green left or is still quite yellow won’t work as well. Just like with banana bread, an over-ripe banana is the best choice to add the right sweetness for this smoothie.
Frozen bananas also work great in this recipe! If you’re like us, we always keep over-ripe bananas in the freezer, ready for recipes like this one. If using a frozen banana, your smoothie may be slightly thicker.