Chunky Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 chia egg, 1 egg equals 1 tablespoon chia flour and 3 tablespoons water – chia flour directions below
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate, chunked
Mix the chia egg and set aside. – A chia egg is actually made with chia seed meal/flour not the bare seed. The way you make meal/flour is by grinding the chia seed in a processor such as one for your coffee beans or a spice grinder. I use mine to strictly grind seeds so that I do not mix flavors. Grind until it is a fine meal. I do about 4 ounces at a time and keep it in a little freezer safe canning jar – in the freezer. When I need a Tablespoon or so it is all ready to go.
Lay a silpat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
In a medium bowl add the flours, cocoa powder and salt. Mix and set aside.
In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. A few minutes.
Add the chia egg, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
Stir in the both chocolates.
Use a tablespoon do drop large scoops (or used a 2? cookie scoop) onto the parchment paper – 3? apart.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Let cool on a cookie rack.