Chopped Salad with Chicken
- 3 cups romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 3/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chives thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Place the lettuce, chicken, mozzarella, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, bacon, avocado and chives in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, granulated sugar, shallot, oregano, parsley and olive oil.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.