Chocolate Rhubarb Brownie
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper with coconut spray (or another non stick spray of your choice.).
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until blended
- Add the rhubarb and chocolate chips and mix until they are combined. The batter will be thick.
- Pour and spread the batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!