Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 box Ghiradelli double chocolate brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the brownie mix, water and oil. Mix to combine, being careful not to over mix.
- Add the peanut butter chips and toffee chips and mix until incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the parchment paper lined baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 1-2 hours (if you can). Slice and serve.
- Be careful not to over mix the brownie batter. Over mixing can cause the brownies to be tough. It’s ok if there are a few streaks of flour in the batter.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are done. If it still has batter on it, place it in the oven for another 2-3 minutes. Check again.
- For a chewier brownie, under cook the batter just slightly (1-2 minutes).
- Wait until the brownies are completely cool before cutting them to get the best results. I actually put them in the fridge for about an hour before I cut them.
- Warm a knife under hot water before cutting the brownies to make them slice cleaner.