Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal mixed with 6 tablespoons water this equals two eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix the flax seed meal and the water together and then set aside to gel (the gelling will only take minutes).
Butter a 8″ Square Baking Pan with vegan butter.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
In a large bowl use a Hand Mixer and beat the oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and flax seed meal mixture together.
Add the vanilla and mix.
Add in the flour mixture – half at a time.
Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
Turn into the prepared baking pan and smooth out evenly to all edges.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.