Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup room temperature coconut oil
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil to a large bowl and stir together until well-combined. Add to baking dish and spread evenly, pressing down with your hands to form the crust.
- Bake crust for 6 minutes. Remove, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with electric mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until creamy and well-combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture onto graham cracker crust and spread evenly with a rubber spatula (see photos).
- Wash bowl (or use a different one) and begin making cookie mixture. Add in coconut oil, brown sugar, egg white and vanilla extract. Beat on low until well-combined.
- Slowly add in flour while mixing. Beat slowly until well-combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, place dough evenly across cheesecake mixture. It’s okay to have cheesecake peeking through.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out of the center clean.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!