Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix prepared according to box instructions, or my homemade Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie batter (linked below)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips (I used minis for this recipe but you can use regular sized)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare brownie mix as directed by the box, pour into a greased 11 x 7 pan, and bake for 15 minutes.
While the brownies are baking, in a mixer, cream butter until it is light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Next, add in sugars and cream together with butter.
Lastly, add in egg, vanilla, and salt. Cream.
In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and espresso powder. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mix into wet mix.
Once combined, add in chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
Pull brownies out of the oven and spread cookie dough over the top of the brownies (I typically take some cookie dough, flatten it slightly in my hand, and place it on top of the brownie batter. I repeat until brownie batter is mostly covered)
Put back in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs. If the batter is taking too long to cook, and it looks like the cookies are getting overdone, place foil on top of the pan to protect the cookies and keep baking until brownies are done.