Choc Chip Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 200 g dark chocolate, 50% up to 70%
- 130 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130 g (1 cup) plain (or all purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 g cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 175C (350F) and line a 8 x 8 inch baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt together the chocolate & butter. You can do this in the microwave in 20 second intervals. Zap for 20 seconds. Mix well. Repeat until it is melted together. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes total. Try to limit the microwaving as much as possible and melt more by giving it a good mix in between microwave bursts, otherwise you risk giving it a burnt flavour.
- Lightly beat the eggs. Continue beating on low speed while adding the sugar, vanilla and finally the melted butter & chocolate mix. Mix until it is all incorporated.
- Whisk together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add the flour to the egg mix in 3 parts. Beat gently each time until the flour is just mixed through. Fold through most of the chocolate chips, holding back about half a cup to sprinkle over the top of the brownies.
- Spread the batter over the pan evenly, then sprinkle the additional chocolate chips over the top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. These are definitely best underdone than overdone.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into 20 squares.