Chinese Chicken Salad
For the salad
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions plus more for garnish
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 3/4 cup wonton strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Place the green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, green onions, chicken and almonds in a bowl.
- For the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle the wonton strips and sesame seeds over the salad.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, then serve immediately.
Source recipes and image credit