Chinese Beef Dumplings with Celery
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 and 1/2 lb. Chinese celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 100 round dumpling wrappers
- Add all ingredients (except the dumpling wrappers) into a large bowl and mix together until fully combined.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture into the centre of a dumpling wrapper. Dip your finger in water and smear along the edges of the dumpling wrapper. Fold the dumpling wrapper over to create a half-moon shape, enclosing the filling inside. Seal the filling inside by pleating the edges together with your finger or pinch the edges together with a fork. Repeat until all the mixture and dumpling wrappers are used up.
- Cook by pan-frying, steaming or boiling.
- To Pan-Fry: In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add some dumplings and cook 2-3 minutes until bottom is crisp and golden. Add water (enough to cover the dumplings halfway up), cover, and steam the dumplings for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- To Steam: In a pot, bring water to boil . Place some dumplings in steamer on top and steam for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- To Boil: Fill a large pot with 2/3 water and bring to a boil. Add some dumplings and cook until they float and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dumplings or store uncooked dumplings in the fridge for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.