Chili Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5-6 medium size zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Fritos for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat brown ground beef and and drain off any grease. Add tomato sauce, the undrained can of rotel, beans, and spices. Stir well and let mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the center. (I find this easiest with a metal teaspoon)
- Place zucchini boats on a large baking sheet and carefully spoon the chili mixture into the zucchini. Top with cheese and bake 20 minutes. Top with crushed fritos if desired.