For the salad:
- 2 cups canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado peeled, pit removed, and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumbers quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chives thinly sliced
- Additional chives and feta for garnish optional
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the chickpeas, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese and chives in a large bowl.
For the dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Garnish with additional feta and chives if desired, then serve.