Chicken Santa Fe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts I prefer to use thin cut breasts
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup corn kernels thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large oven safe pan over medium high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. The time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chicken breasts. Add the beans, red bell pepper and corn on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.