CHICKEN IN TOMATO SAUCE
- 6 chicken drums (approximately 2 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 medium celery ribs sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- to taste salt and pepper
- to garnish fresh cilantro and dill chopped
- Saute onions and celery in a deep saute pan with olive oil and butter on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Add chicken drumsticks, increase heat to high and saute for another 5 minutes, until chicken starts to brown.
- Add wine and bay leaves. Cook for 5 more minutes. Reduce heat to low, add tomato sauce, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir, cover with lid and cook for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.