Skip to content
- 4 lbs russet potatoes peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream I used full-fat
- 1 and 3/4 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1 and 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp heaping, fresh chopped parsley
- 3 slices bacon cooked to crispy, chopped
- more parsley for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Cook until soft. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add butter, half and half and sour cream. Whip using hand mixer.
- Add 1 cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder, pepper and parsley. Stir well.
- Transfer mixture into buttered 13″ x 9″ casserole dish. Spread evenly. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake casserole for 35 to 38 minutes. The edges will be golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and parsley. Serve.
- To make ahead of time: cover casserole dish with mashed potatoes mixture and store in fridge for up to 2 days. Top with shredded cheddar just before baking.
See other recipes