Cajun Blackened Salmon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (200g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 40g butter, melted
- Steamed chat potatoes, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Combine cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano in a bowl.
- Brush salmon with butter. Rub all over with spice mixture.
- Heat a chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, skin side down, for 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn. Cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.