Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies
- 1 box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 8-12 mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
Combine the water and egg in a bowl and mix to com. Add the brownie mix and stir, being careful not to over-mix.
Pour the brownie batter in the parchment paper lined baking dish and spread out with a spatula.
Cut each mini Creme egg in half and press into the brownie batter. Use more or less Creme eggs as desired. I used 8, but you can use up to 12.
Bake in the oven for 39-43 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Lift parchment paper up and set on a baking rack to fully cool.
Once cool, slice into squares. **Note brownies are easier to slice if they are chilled in the fridge.
- Any brownie mix can be substituted for the Ghirardelli Brownie Mix. However, I find the Ghirardelli to be the best.
- Don’t over-mix the brownie batter – it can cause your brownies to be more tough.
- Use more or less Cadbury Creme Eggs depending on your preference. The more you use, the sweeter your brownies will be.
- If you can’t find mini Creme Eggs, substitute the full size. Chop them into pieces (it might get messy) and press into the brownie batter.
- Let the brownies cool fully before slicing. They are easiest to slice if they have been chilled in the fridge for an hour.