Cabbage and Black eyed Pea Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and grease drained
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black eyed peas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 zucchini, cut lengthwise*
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown ground beef and drain any grease, add the chopped onion and cook until tender, add the undrained can of rotel, drained black eyed peas, tomato sauce,cabbage and spices.
- Stir mixture well and reduce heat to medium low, let simmer 10-15 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the zucchini and discard.
- Place the zucchini sliced side up on the baking sheet. Carefully spoon the filling mixture into the zucchini and top with cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- *Depending on the size of your zucchini you may have additional filling leftover. This freezes well or is great served over rice.