Butternut Squash Noodles with Sausage
- 8 oz. mild Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb. spiralized butternut squash*
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the sausage, and cook, breaking it into bite-sized pieces, for about 7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash noodles, and season with paprika, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Half & Half. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Serve.